NeoNatalie launch webinar:
Impactful training on newborn resucitation skills.
Watch the recording
Since 2016, NeoNatalie Live has been piloted in several maternity wards across the world. 100.000 training sessions have been performed, and health workers are reporting a positive learning experience.
Download the NeoNatalie Live app.
Compatible with all IOS versions and any official
Google Play supported devices.
Convenient in-situ training
NeoNatalie Live enables health workers to conduct short, frequent training sessions that better fit their busy schedule. Studies show that this Low-Dose, High-Frequency approach effectively transfers knowledge and skills into improved clinical care.
Train individually or as a team
Together with a complementary app, NeoNatalie Live allows health workers to practice ventilation skills on their own. The manikin and app also enables newborn resuscitation team training and scenarios aligned with WHO´s Essential Newborn Care Course and the Helping Babies Breathe program.
Realistic training that motivates
NeoNatalie Live simulates four different patient cases that are based on 1 200 real ventilation cases. The manikin responds realistically to effective ventilation efforts with chest rise, an increase in heart rate, and a crying baby sound to signal spontaneous breathing after a successful resuscitation.
Immediate objective feedback
The NeoNatalie Live app provides objective performance feedback immediately after a session. This enables health workers to debrief their training session, while also providing helpful tips on how to improve their ventilation skills.
Ventilation guided by heart rate
The manikin may also be used with NeoBeat, an easy-to use heart rate meter that, when applied, provides an accurate, digital display of newborn heart rate.
The five videos below will show you how to set up and use the app with the NeoNatalie Live manikin
Any questions? We are here to help
We have gathered some of the frequently asked questions:
Q&A – NeoNatalie Live
The Safer Births research project
- Short and self-directed sessions encouraging low-dose, high-frequency training
- Four different patient cases with varying initial heart rate and lung compliance
- Patient cases based on over 1,200 actual newborn resuscitations, providing realistic ventilation training
- Objective feedback on ventilation quality in terms of pressure, rate, continuity and airway patency
- Detection of head tilt for open or closed airways
- Visible chest rise
- Realistic heart rate affected by ventilation performance
- Compatible with NeoBeat*
- Varying lung compliance — can simulate water-filled lungs
- Crying sound for successful resuscitation
- Umbilical cord with connector to simulate cord-cutting
- Measures bag-mask ventilation performance
- Product size (L x W x H) [cm]: 49x24x12
- Product weight (kg): 1,8
- Operating temperature [°C]: 0 to +40
- Storage temperature [°C]: -10 to +50
- Materials: TPU, ABS, LDPE, PVC
- Material Free: Latex, Lead
- Reprocessing methods: Clean all skin parts regularly. Use a lint-free cloth to remove dirt and dust. Clean skin with mild soap and water. Do not submerge. Can be cleaned with antibacterial disinfectant (70% ethanol / isopropanol).
- CE or Notified Body Number: CE
- Product conformity with standards: IEC 62368-1, FCC, IC
- Lithium battery energy content [Wh]: 7,59
- Lithium Battery Weight: 48g
- Are Batteries Required: Rechargeable, embedded in product
- Number of Lithium-ion cells: 1
- NeoNatalie Live manikin
- User guide
- Baby cap
- Baby blanket
- USB charger and cable
- App (available in App Store and Google Play)
- Novel Neonatal Simulator Provides High-Fidelity Ventilation Training Comparable to Real-Life Newborn Ventilation (MPDI)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Skill-Training Using a New Neonatal Simulator, Facilitated by Local Motivators: Two-Year Prospective Observational Study of 9000 Trainings (UiS)
- A Randomised Controlled Study of Low-Dose High-Frequency In-Situ Simulation Training to Improve Newborn Resuscitation (MPDI)
- Use of a Novel Manikin for Neonatal Resuscitation Ventilation Training (Pubmed)
- Innovations in Cardiorespiratory Monitoring to Improve Resuscitation With Helping Babies Breathe (Healthy Newborn Network)
- Increase in Newborns Ventilated Within the First Minute of Life and Reduced Mortality After Clinical Data-Guided Simulation Training (Simulation in Healthcare)